Timothy R. Tebow

by Rebecca from Maryland

Tim Tebow playing for the Gators
Tim Tebow playing for the Gators

News stories tell of dogs saving lives or fire fighters saving scared children from burning buildings. I cannot say that anyone has ever saved my life but I respect some people for their example to others. There is one person who stands out in my mind as being a great inspiration and model for many. Timothy Richard Tebow is a quarterback for the Florida Gators. People started turning their heads to watch him play when he was in high school. By the time college rolled around records were being broken right and left.

Tebow grew up in a Christian environment. His parents, Bob and Pam, were missionaries in the Philippines at the time. Pam educated her children at home when they moved back to the states. They settled down in Florida and tried looking for a football team Tim could join. He participated in a local school’s football team and was known for his passing offense. As a junior in high school Tim became a sensational quarterback. He received many awards, medals and broke many records. He loves the sport and is so thankful that God gave him such a gift.

Great leaders are those who take on whatever comes their way. Tim Tebow is an example of a great leader because he leads his team through whatever circumstances cross their paths. He led his team through tough losses and winning many games. Holding firm to his beliefs during his sporting activities allows him to play the game he loves and remember who blessed him with the talent to play. The NFL may be in Tim’s future, it all depends on God’s plan for him. Tim has inspired so many to pursue their dreams and goals because he has accomplished so much and is so successful with what he does. God has given an amazing gift and talent to this young man and he is an inspiration to many.