Tiger Woods

by Miles from Glenbrook

"I play golf for the fun of it."
Tiger getting a hole in 1  (bankrollsports.com)
Tiger getting a hole in 1 (bankrollsports.com)

Tiger Woods is my hero. I chose Tiger Woods because I like golf and Tiger Woods plays golf. He likes golf because he’s naturally gifted at golf. I admire him because he didn’t need help to play golf.

Tiger was born in Cypress California 12-30-1975. He was the only child of Earl and Kultida Woods. Woods's father has never denied that he devoted his energies to developing his son's talent and to furthering the boy's career as a golfer. All the while, Tiger's mother made sure that her son's rare talent and his budding golf career would not interfere with his childhood or his future happiness. Tiger Woods was the first black to win a Masters tournament. Tiger inspired himself, he didn’t have a Hero. He earned an estimated $90.5 million from winnings and endorsements in 2010. Tiger’s only challenge is the challenge of the Masters tournament. He also had the challenge of beating his enemies. He overcame the challenges and beat the master’s tournament and his enemies.

He made a difference in my mom’s and my life when we watched him play. When Tiger celebrated his twenty-first birthday he marked the occasion with a legal name change, from Eldrick to Tiger. The star had some impressive wins in 2009, including the BMW Championship in Lamont, Illinois, and the FedEx Cup and its $10 million prize. He has the same goal as Jackie Robinson, to prove that black players are equal to their white counterparts.

So let’s review what you learned about Tiger Woods. He was born on December 30 1975. Tiger was the first black golfer to win a masters tournament. He’s an awesome guy and well respected wherever he goes. So that’s Tiger Woods for you.

Sources:

A. golf.fanhouse.com. ‘Tiger Woods Should Surpass One Billion in Earnings by 2010’.Aol Sports. 1/11/2008 12:35 PM 10/20/10 http://golf.fanhouse.com .

B. Storrslibrary.com“Tiger Woods.” Encyclopedia of world biography. Vol.18 Detroit: Gale, 1998. Gale biography In Context. Web 29 Sept. 2010. C. Tiger Woods. Wikipedia.1999. 10/18/10 http://www.wikipedia.org .