Library

Tessa

by Sydni Uhrig from Pickerington

The cover of "Before I Die"
The cover of "Before I Die"

My Definition of a hero:
A hero is someone that helps someone else in a way like school, a list, bullies, etc. Also not to be afraid of anything.

Is it important to have a hero?
Yes and no. Yes, because you might want a hero but then no, because you might want to be your own hero, not everybody has to have a hero.

My hero from my book:
The character in my book that represents a hero is Tessa. One way is that Zoey says "It's another five months, Tess." Then Tessa said "So? That's only a hundred and sixty days?"

That shows that she has the determination to live to see Zoey's baby born. Also when she says "I've got a list of things I want to do before I die." She said that on live radio. Lastly is when she said "I want you." She said this to Adam because she's not afraid to tell him that she loves him. That's what makes her a hero.

Hall of fame:
My person should in the hero hall of fame for many reasons. One reason is that she is not afraid of anything. For example, after she got cancer she was not afraid of anything. Also because she is brave, because of cancer. One way is that she made her list and did the things on it and some of those things were risky. That is why Tessa should be in the hero hall of fame.

My interview with Tessa:
Q: Who is your hero Tessa?
A: Zoey
Q: Why is she your hero?
A: Because she is everything I want to be.
Q: What do you think a hero is?
A: Someone how isn't scared to do anything that is thrown at them.
Q: What has your hero done to help you?
A: She helped me with my list.
Q: Where does your hero live?
A: She lives with her parents.
Q: What has been the hardest thing in your life besides the cancer?
A: I would have to say my list.
Q: Do you think it is hard on your family?
A: Yes, because they are always worried about me.
Q: Who's worried about you the most?
A: I would have to say my dad.
Q: Is it hard being with Adam?
A: Yes, because of my cancer but I love him.
Q: Do you think it is hard on Zoey?
A: Yes, because we are so close.