Timothy

by Christina

A hero is “[a] man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.” My hero, Timothy from the Bible, had acquired all of these traits. Paul mentored young Timothy and taught him a lot about Jesus. When Timothy ventured out into the world, he could preach the good news to all men. Timothy withstood many insults and obstacles because he was young, but he still persevered. I admire Timothy for his faith and his ability to stand up for what he believed.

Although Timothy had some hardships in his life, he never let those troubles stop him from spreading the gospel. When Paul wrote to Timothy in 1 Timothy 4:12, he said “Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” Timothy demonstrated this verse in many ways to many people. I would like to model my life after Timothy’s and use it as a witness to many people. Even though Timothy needed encouraging from Paul, he still was a good influence on the people he met. Because Timothy demonstrated these qualities, he influenced many people and led them to Christ.

Although young, Timothy had many excellent qualities. He knew and understood the Bible extremely well and could use it for many different circumstances. When people looked down on him because he was young, he did not let them intimidate him, but witnessed to them. Timothy had excellent faith in God. He believed that God would bring him through any hardships that came his way. My hero is Timothy because he had admirable faith and persevered through many adversities.