Tom Sasamoto

by Kyle from Lawndale

His Idol Tiger Woods (www.ask.com)
His Idol Tiger Woods (www.ask.com)

The person I look up to and admire is my grandpa. I chose him because he plays golf and almost was a pro, but he was too short to become one. Now he is 75 but he still plays golf. Others might think golf is easy but it isn’t, believe me. My grandpa also made a record at a golf course and made the newspaper. I’ve played with my grandpa on the golf course and he is really good for his age. When I was 10 or so I wanted to be just like him. Even today he’s still at it, better than his friends and younger people. I look up to my grandpa because he has done something our family hasn’t achieved.

My grandpa has many traits. He’s kind, generous and athletic. In this paragraph I will explain how kind and athletic he is. First my grandpa is kind because he plays with my baby brother and me as well. My grandpa also gives me good advice I can use outside and inside of school. Also he pays me an allowance for mowing the lawn for him. Trait number two is he’s athletic because he goes to the beach on Saturdays to exercise by jogging. He also plays golf two days in 1 week the 18hole golf course. Lastly he plays outside with my baby brother that includes chasing him around.

Like I said before I will explain how he is generous in the next paragraph. My grandpa can be generous in many ways. He takes his own time to take me to school everyday. This includes him waking up at 6:00am to take my big brother and me to school. Say if I’m going to a computer place, he’ll give me 10$ or so but I have to pay him back. Which is hard for me seeing I get 5$ a week. He’s kind of nice in this kind of way helping me with my problems. Whether it’s a math or my life problems, he’s always there.

I believe what makes my grandpa is simply his traits. He is nice and kind to all. My grandpa’s education wasn’t that good I suppose because he went to college for 1 year then dropped out. When I get a chance I always ask him why he dropped out and he tells me he was moving to California to get a job. His job was to make sure things were going good for he was a person in charge. After he got his job taken over he went to golf. Now all he does is play golf because that’s his life and without it, he wouldn’t be the same. That’s basically the life of my grandpa and I’m proud to write about him!

My grandpa is a wonderful man and he deserves to be heard! He’s good at golf and achieves a life long goal. He is caring and loving to all of his family. And treats everyone equally with respect. He gets good exercise for his age and is like a pro in golf. Without it he wouldn’t be the same. Even though he got 1 year of college that’s still good and he’s a smart man. With all being said I believe my grandpa is my hero!