Tom M.

by Kyle F. from Mooresville

My grandpa Tom Miles is my hero because he drives at least thirteen hours to get to my house and he does it at at least twice a year. Once he even traveled through a blizzard to get to my house! He lives in Michigan and I think he is very brave to do that. I am proud to say that he is my grandpa.

He is a lot of fun. He likes to do stuff like play chess or go on a walk. He is very good at checkers. I could never beat him at checkers, but I usually win at chess. His favorite thing to do is read the newspaper or go on a walk. He especially likes going on walks in North Carolina because of the warmer weather. He usually goes around the block or to the end of my neighborhood. He usually watches the weather on the news to see if he can go on a walk.

I am proud to say that Tom Miles is my grandpa because of all he does for me and my family.