Tracy

by Cristopher from Pickerington

My Hero Definition:

A hero is someone that is extremely important in your life. They are always there for you and will support you in whatever you do. A hero shows great leadership and bravery. This person is always willing to put other people before themselves. This person is also someone that has a lot of courage and that is willing to stand up to the challenges of everyday life.

My hero and her family (On our computer.)

Is Having a Hero Important:

Having a hero is very important because they can make you a better person just by influencing you by the way that they act. They also will put you before themselves even if they are also going through a tough time.

My Personal Hero:

My mom Tracy is my personal hero. She is my hero because she always comes to all my sporting events to support and she always helps me keep my head even after my worst games. My mom is also my hero because she graduated from nursing school while still taking care of our family of four kids, and she is still doing this while in grad school, working, and taking care of us. Whenever I need help with anything mom is there and willing to give up her time to help me. These are just some of the things that my mom does to make her my hero.

Hero Hall of Fame:

My mom Tracy should be inducted into the Hero Hall of Fame. One reason my mom is my hero is because she is one of the most selfless people I know and that is one great quality that not many people can say they have. She also is very determined, she made it through nursing school while taking care of our family and is now making it through grad school at Mount Caramel. The last reason she should be in the Hero Hall of Fame is because she is a great role model and people could learn a lot from her because of the way she acts and does things. If this is not enough to get my mom into the Hero Hall of Fame then I don't know what is.

Hero Interview:

Who is your personal hero and why?
"My dad is my hero because he has worked hard all his life, he went to school and worked so my mom could take care of us. He was also very kind and gentle and always acted right around me and my siblings."

What is your definition of a hero?
"A hero is someone that puts the needs of others before their own, someone that doesn't seek glory for doing good deeds, and someone that does not judge others and is a good role model."

What was is like taking care of a family while trying to earn your degree?
"This was a very difficult time for me. I always made sure my kids came first and that all their school work was done and caught up before I even started mine. It was tough because I was often up late at night to try and finish my work, but it was made easier because of all the support from my wonderful, loving, hardworking, and handsome husband"

Do you think it is important to have a hero?
"Yes, because it gives us someone to inspire us and someone to set a good example for the way we want to be."

Did you always have the same hero growing up?
"No, because when I was younger I did not realize all that my dad had done for me. It was not until I was older that I realized how hard he worked to provide for us."

Why did you choose your profession?
"I chose my profession because it gives me the opportunity to combine my love of science with taking care of people. I can also teach people about their illness and ways to improve their health."

What was your favorite thing to do as a young child?
"I liked to hang out with my friends, explore, playing with Barbies, and learning how things grew."

Do you think it's difficult for a hero to always make the right choices?
"Yes, because sometimes the easy way out is not the right thing to do, but you must look at the entire situation and choose to do what is right."

Do you think a hero feels pressure, knowing that people look up to them?
"Yes, I do think they feel pressure to make the right decisions knowing that people look up to them. I think it would be important for them to consider who looks up to them and the influence they may have on their lives."

Do you feel that you are a hero, why?
"No, I do not feel that I am a hero because what I do is for the benefit of my family and others and I do not feel that it is anything extraordinary."

What advice would you give to someone that wants to be viewed as a hero?
"My advice would be to work hard, to make good choices, to treat others with the utmost respect, and to realize that others may be watching you."