Trinidad

by David from Gilroy

My hero is my father because he brought me to this country. My father talked with my brother about getting me resident papers because my brother studies everything in the United States and he works in the U.S. Army.

My father worked all the time in the cannery, and sometimes he had two jobs, but he still wanted to bring me and my mom to the US. The Appointment takes around 9 or 12 years to get a Permanent Resident card.

When I turned 26 years old, I got my resident card and came to live with my father. He was sick, so I stayed with him in this country for 6 years until he died.

This is why he is my hero; he never forgot about me and my mom, but it was too late for that because my mom died before I got my resident card. I consider him my hero because he gave up everything for me, so I can have a better life in this country, the United of States of America.