Ty Pennington

by April from New York

(www.motherjones.com/arts/feature/2007/11/)

Ty Pennington is my hero because he does amazing things for less fortunate families. He helps them by giving their homes makeovers. He does a great job with all his work. He is the person I would most want to meet. He has done more than 100 makeovers! Ty has done some great things for people and inspires me to do great things too.

Ty inspires me to do great things for less fortunate people and even children. I'm not sure if you remember but a year or so ago Ty helped a girl who had cancer. That little girl soon came out of the hospital she was in. Then she began making bracelets to sell to have her friends at the hospital get better. She inspired me so now I sell jewelry and send all the money to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.

Ty became interested in woodwork from his father when he was a young boy. Ty also loved to surf, skateboard and play soccer. Ty is a very joyful person. On his show, "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" he is always very full hearted and full of energy.