Ty Pennington

by Kelsie from Sydney

Some of you know Ty Pennington from the show "Extreme Makeover Home Edition," but to the families on the show he is a lot more then that. Ty is a hero to many families all over the world. First of all, Ty is a very generous person on and off the set of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Secondly, he is genuine and not just there to get his face on television. He really wants to help the families. Thirdly, he is helpful because not only do the families get a remodeling, Ty also helps the families with their problems. Ty the handy guy is a community hero to people all over the world.

Ty is a very generous person on and off the set of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Ty searches the country for hard-luck cases such as flood victims, cancer sufferers, parents of sextuplets and rewards the victims and their families with free remodeling. "I cannot wait to show you your new house and, hopefully a new life for you guys," said Ty to the Harper's - one of the many families Ty has helped since his career started as part of the crew on Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

Ty pushes aside the flimsiness of such assumptions and aims right for the gut. "When you see a kid that's in a wheel chair, he's looking you straight in the eye and wanting to know if you're really here to help. I affects you in a different way than I had ever experienced. So it's a pretty cool thing." Ty doesn't just do this to get his face on the television. He does it because he cares and loves to see the families' reactions when he reveals their new place.

Ty is also very helpful and supportive to the families. "The good news is we're here to help," he is fond of saying. "A lot of dreams are coming true today, huh? That's why we're here, man," Ty said, putting his arm around the father of the Harper's family while looking at their new place. Not only does Ty remodel their house, he also does anything he can if there's someone sick in the family and tries his hardest to make their dreams come true.

Ty Pennington- Extreme Makeover Home Edition, hero to many families across the world. Ty is a very generous person on and off the set of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. He is genuine. He is there to help the families, not just to get his face on televsion and, lastly, he is helpful to the victims that have problems that they cannot fix by themselves. Ty is not just a handy guy on the site - he's a hero.

Ty Pennington, the Handy Guy - His official website