Uncle Henry

by Adelia from Reynoldsburg

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you dream it, you can become it.
My Uncle Henry
My Uncle Henry

DEFINITION: I think that anybody can be a hero if they want to. You don't have to be so spectacular or courageous. Its just about how you carry yourself and your character. Actions always speak louder than words.

OPINION: I think that having a hero is important. When you have heroes you can have somebody to look up to and to inspire you. Also it shows how other people are caring and respected. When you look up to other people as your hero it shows that you are wanted, appreciated, and recognized.

My Uncle
My Uncle

MY PERSONAL HERO: My personal hero in my life is my Great Uncle Henry. He is now 74 years old and lives in Canton, Ohio. I chose this person as my hero because first of all he cares for me. Whenever I see him he never forgets to give a hug and ask how you're doing. Also he was in the United States Army which I think that is very courageous because you are risking your life for others to protect our country. He never forgets anyone's birthday in the family, always sends you a card and money. And out of all of his eight brothers and sisters, he usually drives them around and he's the middle or 4th out of eight children. Plus he's my favorite Uncle.

HALL OF FAME: I think that my Uncle should be inducted into the hero hall of fame first of all because I think he's one of the most fun and interesting great uncles I've ever met. Next, he should be inducted into the hero hall of fame because he was in the United States Army. Also, he should be inducted because he cares for all humankind. He minds his own business. He helps people in need. I've never seen my uncle leave somebody empty handed or left without help. Also I think he should be inducted into the hero hall of fame because I love him and that would be a really cool award for someone so deserving.

WHO'S YOUR HERO'S HERO!

Q: Who is your personal hero and why?
A: His personal hero was Deacon Oliver Summers at his church. He said he worked with him in the summers during high school and looked up to him as a mentor and friend. He said this was his hero because he was a man of God, trustworthy, beliefs were strong, and very instrumental.

Q: What is something that you are proud of?
A: Something that he was proud of was being able to serve in the United States Army, hold up the US flag while serving and being able to think for himself.

Q: If you, were a superhero, what power would you have and why?
A: He would have the power to prevent man from not treating his fellow man respectfully and to bring togetherness; also for people not to be judged by the color of there skin but by the content of their character, so that everybody could have privileges and faith.

Q: What are your strengths?
A: He thought his strengths were determination, not being side-tracked if choosing to do something particular. Also benefiting others and helping lead others in the right path. And being there for people in need of help.

(viator.com)
(viator.com)

Q: What advice would you give to me for the future?
A: He said, "that no mountain is too high that you cannot climb it or overcome it as long as you trust in yourself and believe that those things can be achieved."

Q: What do you hope to accomplish in the next ten years?
A: He said, "that he would love to travel to a trip out west and see the Giant Redwoods. Also, to go to New York and see a Broadway play or musical. And to see all his nieces and nephews graduate with honors and have a career that they love and a job that is a passion and not just a job."

Q: As a child, what was your dream job?
A: He said, "he often thought he would be a person who operated earth marine equipment. Also, to move large objects from place to place, using a crane or big four wheel truck."

Q: Now that I chose you as my hero, how do you feel?
A: He says, "I feel privileged and honored, and above all humbled to be chosen as your hero. And to do his best to hold that honor and that he loves me."

Q: What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
A: His greatest accomplishment was to graduate from high school and to serve in the United States Army and privileged to honor his mother's 80th birthday party and celebration.

Q: Why did you choose to be in the army?
A: He said, "because there were 5 boys in the family and that out of them 2 were in the navy and 2 were in the air force. And that the field he wanted to go in was transportation and that this was the best choice for him."