Uncle Paul

by Brendan from Dublin

What is a hero? A hero is someone that makes sacrifices for others. A hero is also someone who perseveres. When a hero is kind, it usually shows how they feel about others. They also save other people from dangers. My hero is my Uncle Paul.

My Uncle Paul is my hero because he was a navigator in World War II. He is also my hero because he has a really good sense of humor. He is a kind husband to my aunt Myrna, and a dad of my favorite cousins Drew and Megan. He also lives in Tampa, Florida, and has a swimming pool in his backyard! I am going to be going there this summer and 2 days after school ends. He also has a garden in his backyard and takes really good care of it. He was also at my cousin Drew's graduation from high school! He is my favorite uncle of all time!

An example of when my Uncle Paul was brave is when he was in a navigator mission. An example of when my uncle was funny is when he said it was opposite day and kept confusing me. An example of when my uncle was kind was when he let me pet his dog and pet a lizard in his yard. An example of when my uncle is hard working is when he taught his dog how to swim in the swimming pool. An example of when my uncle was proud was when he went to my cousin's graduation from high school.

Thanks Uncle Paul for being my hero!