Valencia Jaramillo

by Dominique from Fort Lupton

Someone that is a hero in my eyes is my mom. Her name is Valencia Jaramillo Lucio. My mom is my hero because she is very confident because she has been through a lot.  But before I get into that I'm telling you about her background. Some people that she lives with are her husband and her kids. She is my mom and she works at a dental office in Brighton. Something that I wish NEVER happened is last year when my mom got cancer. I was heartbroken but thank you God, my mother is very okay.  Without her I would be nothing.

Some of her heroic things in her life are overcoming her struggles and being a role model to me. Everyone has hard times, but truthfully I think we have 10 times harder because of what we've been through. But now the cancer is in the past and we are all okay and safe.

I chose this person because she means the world to me and without her I would not be me. She affects other people by saying yes, she did have cancer, but she can make it through anything in life whether it's hard or easy. My mother changed my life by making me feel stronger and saying that I know that I  can do it, having confidence in me, and not putting me down at all.

Out of all the people in the world I choose my mother as my hero and those are my reasons.