Ventura Contreras

by Carla from Illinois

♥My Mom♥ Let me tell you about my hero. My hero is my mom, Carla. My mom is my hero because she inspires me, she’s responsible and she makes me want to be a better person, let me tell you more. First of all, my mom teaches herself self discipline every time I see her do something the wrong way, if she can, she tries to do it the right way. She doesn’t try to be perfect. She just tries to fix her mistakes or problems. Sometimes, even when she can’t fix her mistakes, at least she tries. For example, if she meets someone and she’s gotten off to a bad start, she will try her best to give that person a good impression.

My mom also inspires me to be a better person. She tells me to treat others the way I want to be treated and to pay attention to people when they’re talking. She also gives me great advice whenever I need it or have problems. She inspires me so much that I want to be just like her when I grow up. Even though we get in some arguments, she will always be my inspiration, for example, if she does something the wrong way, it doesn’t matter to me. Anytime she gets scared or terrified of something she always gets over it or finds the good in it. If someone in our family is sick, my mom will try to make that person feel better. She will always put a smile on anybody’s face, even if they’re in a bad situation. Even if she’s scared of something, she won’t panic. She will just try to make it better, or she overcomes her fear. My mom is not phony; she’s real. She never pretends to be something she’s not unless she’s acting. She’s a leader, not a follower. She never tries to act like someone else. All she ever does is be herself.

She is confident too. She never says I can’t do it until she tries. She’s always confident in what she does. If she doesn’t want to do something, she has the confidence to say I don’t want to do it. She’s confident enough to say what’s on her mind, or express her opinion. She is also the most responsible person I know besides my teachers and friends. If you give her something to do like a task or errand, you won’t see her until she’s done doing it. Also, she used to take care of our pets when I was not at home. She does everything a good parent is supposed to do. One time, she was supposed to make my little brother a costume for a play that he was going to be in. She was in the basement working on it the whole night, and she finally came upstairs when she was done. The costume looked absolutely amazing. Another thing my mom always does is give back. She gives back to her parents, friends, children, and to everybody that helped her get to where she is now. When she gives back, she doesn’t just give them what she owes them; she gives them what they need. She never forgets about her childhood. She remembers how she used to live. When I have problems she tells me a story about when she was a little girl that’s similar to my problem, and that gets me thinking that we’re really alike. I just told you a few things that describe my mom. Without her in my life, I don’t know what I would do. She is my best friend, and, at the same time, my parent. People that have mothers should really appreciate them, because they don’t know how lucky they are.

My Timeline • 1968 Ventura Contreras Hernandez was born in Veracruz, Mexico. • 1990 Ventura met Roberto Cuesta. • 1991 Ventura and Roberto had their first son named Roberto Contreras. • 1994 Ventura and Roberto had their second child and first daughter named Carla Contreras. • 2001 Angel Contreras was born. • 2002 Rocio Contreras was born. • 2005 The Contreras family went to spend Christmas with their relative in Oregon. • 2007 Ventura will continue to be a wonderful and helpful person to everybody.

My Poem
Every time I see her
I get a warm feeling inside
because I know that she loves me as
much as I love her
With her beautiful
brown eyes and
her comforting touch
I feel that to make
her love me I don’t have
To do much
She makes me happy
when she knows that I’m
sad since I was
little along with my
dad
I really love my mom
it's true. Do you love
your mom?
I bet you do