Warren Buffett

by Robert from Fresno

"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." Warren Buffett

How many people in the world have you ever heard of that have donated $1 million of their own money, or $1billion, how about $62 billion? In June 2006 Warren Edward Buffett made a record-breaking donation of $62 billion to charity, 85% of which went to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Never before in US history has there ever been a donation this massive. Repeatedly Warren Buffett has donated money to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for better education for those less fortunate but not as big as his 2006 donation.

At the young age of 11 Buffett began investing in his home town of Omaha, Nebraska. By 13 he was running his own business. As a child he was considered by many as being a mathematical prodigy. With his father being a stockbroker and US congressman it was only a matter of time before he to become interested in politics, banking, and the stock market and becoming an entrepreneur. From that career is how Buffett earned his fortune.

Biography - Great biography of Warren Buffett