Tiger Woods

by Beau from North Carolina

Eldrick Woods, who we all know as Tiger Woods, was born on December 30, 1975. He was born in Cypress, California. Tiger Woods was a very accomplished junior golfer, he won a lot of big junior events. After his junior career, he went to Stanford University. He won amateur US titles before turning professional in 1996. His first career win came as a twenty one year old in 1997. He won one of the biggest tournaments in the history of the game of golf, The Masters. He was the first African American to do this and on top of that he was the youngest. Over the years he has only gotten better it seems. His career victories are now up to fifty seven. May 3, 2006 Tiger Woods had a tragic thing happen to him. He lost his father Earl Woods. Earl Woods was a great man. He unfortunately lost his life to prostate cancer at the age of seventy four. Tiger Woods stated in a written statement on his website “My Dad was my best friend and greatest role model, and I will miss him deeply.” I think nothing could be harder for me than to lose my father. My Dad is very close to me and has done a lot to help me get to where I am today. Tiger Woods has a charity named the “Tiger Woods Foundation.” It helps kids to have things they could never have. The charity helps the kids have community programs that promote health, welfare, and education. In 2005 Tiger Woods was the highest paid professional athlete. He made an estimated 87 million dollars.

Tiger Woods is a great role model for kids out there that don’t have anyone to look up to. He has accomplished things in golf that no one could ever imagine would have been done. He helps kids all around the world be able to pursue their dreams. He has been through a lot in his life and he is still pursuing his dream to be the best golfer of all time.