Orville and Wilbur Wright

by Miguel from Marietta

Do you know who the Wright Brothers are? These brothers did something for the army. They build something that they didn't have at that time. They built the first ever airplane. They are my heroes.

Born April 16, 1867, Wilbur was the older brother to Orville who was born on August 19, 1871. The boys had two other brothers and a younger sister. Their father was a bishop at the church of the United Brethren in Christ and they lived most of their life in Dayton, Indiana. As a child Orville wrote "we were lucky enough to grow up in an environment where there was always encouragement to children to pursue intellectual interests". To investigate whatever aroused curiosity.

These two brothers are my heroes because if they didn't build the airplane we couldn't go place to place by air. But the first airplane they build had malfunctioned while Wilbur was in it testing it. So Olivier made another plane called Kitty Hawk so the military tested it out and it worked and they accepted it. He had to make it for the army so they can use it in battle.

These two brothers are my heroes because they built one of my favorite things.The airplane is my second favorite ever. If my heroes didn't build the airplane it would never be invented. These two brothers had two other brothers and a younger sister who did other things. My heroes were in the army because of their invention. My heroes are the Wright Brothers because their invention is my favorite.