Youth Group Girls

by Mallory from Sulphur

Many people have heroes who are famous, super heroes, or their parents. My hero is my church’s youth group. There are five main girls who I look up to the most. They are Kayla, Shea, Rachel, Miranda, and Jade. These girls go on trips and do service projects for the church with me.

Kayla helping the church by working at church. (facebook)

To get a good perspective of Kayla, you need to know a few things. One thing you should know is that she is hilarious! She is the funniest of the bunch. Kayla can also be very shy, too. If you get to know her, though, she can be exciting. However, if you don’t, she can be a “Debbie downer.” Although she is different she is amazing.

She's acting goofy with her friend. (facebook)

Next is Shea. Shea is the oldest and is in college. She is the planner of the group. She is the church’s intern, co-youth pastor, and the lead singer in the youth praise team. Shea is also the crazy one, but we all love her. As you can see she is a great Christian role model for me.

Miranda at church camp. (facebook)
Miranda at church camp. (facebook)

Miranda is the second oldest; she is a senior. She is also the brightest and quietest. Miranda is always hanging out with Rachel and Shea. They are all very close friends. She will be leaving them next year, though, so I don’t know what they will do. She is such a big part of our lives.

Rachel and Jade being themselves. (facebook)

Rachel is just Rachel; there is no way to describe her. She is very random. Sometimes she will just break out in song with her friends. She makes me feel welcome every time I walk in a room. Rachel can also be a very loving and kind person. She is always there if you need her.

Last is Jade. Jade is the wild one. She is always doing insane things. Jade is always there to make us laugh. She also plays the drums for the band. Occasionally she will randomly attack you. Jade is very close knit with Rachel but they always seem to include everyone else.

So, as you can see these are all my friends and I love them. When I first walked into Sunday school if they didn’t start talking to me then I would just have been sitting by myself. My heroes may not be famous people but they mean a lot to me.