Yasuyuki Hippo

by Masataka from New York

My hero is my grandfather, Yasuyuki Hippo. Let me tell you some of the heroic qualities shown by my grandfather, Yasuyuki Hippo. My hero is a person who encourages me as I do things. My hero was born on September 25th, in Tokyo, Japan. I picked him because he is a person who helps me do things.

Let me tell you about my grandfather's family. My grandfather's mother works as an elementary school teacher and my grandfather's father worked for a railroad company. His brother works as a music teacher and his sister works as an art teacher. My hero received a PhD in economics.

However, there are many things that he had to overcome. One challenge was when his father died and another difficulty was that he got tuberculosis. He was in the hospital for about two years and he had an operation, too. He was a teenage when World War II started.

One of my hero's significant achievements was made in the research field of labor economics. He did an outstanding analysis on construction workers.

My hero has made a difference in my life by saying nice things to me such as "You did a great job," or "Nice try" and other nice things. It makes me, well, stronger.