Yan Kai

by Weiyao from Beijing

Yan Kai is a talented, well-known cartoonist who is one of the pioneers of the new comic in China. His comics are popular with young people all around China,for they usually have attractive characters and tell fantastic stories.

Yan Kai was born on March 26th,1976. He has created comic since 1994. His first work, Xue Ye, let him become the first one in China who publicized the new comic book. In 2001, he started to make animation and finished China's first 3D-animation, Thru The Moebius Strip. Yan Kai concentrates himself on animation, and he believes that cartoons of Chinese is sure to catch up with that of Japan and Europe.

The great artist has received a large number of animation awards. He founded Yan Culture Company and spares no effort to develop his animation team.

His comics are full of imagination that affects me a lot. They make my life more colorful and interesting. My aim is to be a cartoonist like Yan, so I'll learn from him and practise drawing to realize my dream.

In brief,  Yan Kai is a history maker in Chinese animation.