Yazmin Dominguez Ortiz

by Melanie Chaparro from Albuquerque

My Heroine Is My Mom

My heroine is my mom. Her name is Yazmin D. Ortiz. She is special because she cares about me, she cooks for me and also she loves me. She is interesting because of her childhood and her family. She was born in Chihuahua, Mexico. She grew up in a little town in Chihuahua. Her mother's name was Bertha Dominguez and her father's name was Maurilio Ortiz. My mom's dad died in a car crash. She had two sisters. Their names are Yadira Ortiz and Jossie Ortiz. My mom did not go to high school or the university but she did well in elementary school and got good grades.

My mom does many good things for me. She pays bills for us so we can be living in a house. She works a lot to have money to buy nice clothing and also so we can have food to eat. My mom works and works and that means she cares about me. My mom is hardworking, smart and she's my hero.