Yolanda Ramirez

by Cindy from Fresno

( ())
( ())

My hero is Yolanda Alma Ramirez. Yolanda is my mother. She was born in Mazatlan, Sinaloa. My mother grew up in Mazatlan, Sinaloa. When she turned 23 she moved to USA and settled in Avenal, California. Then she gave birth to my oldest sister Susy, then to my older brother Milton, then I was born, and last was my little brother Alexander. My mother and father got a divorce when my mother was pregnant with my little brother Alexander. I was only 10 years old when my mother and father got a divorce. My mother has been like a father to me, since I really didn't get to know my father very much.

( ())
( ())

I consider my mother a hero because she was able to raise my 3 siblings and me all on her own. She didn't need the help of my father to help her raise my siblings and me. My mother is a very nice person, funny and is always fun to hang out with. I consider my mother one of my friends, because I can always tell her anything and she'll always be there to listen to what I have to say. Other people have their own opinion about who is a hero to them, but for me it's my mother and it always will be. Another reason why my mother is my hero is because she's the reason why I am alive in this world.  She's the one that gave birth to me.  If it weren't for my mother I wouldn't exist. That's why my mother, Yolanda Ramirez, is my hero.