Yasmin

by Avion

Since the age nine my mother has been a victim of domestic violence, she faced life being put through an unstable adolescence. Yasmin faced the odds and survived the abuse and separation of her parents at such a young age. Due to enduring such a harsh childhood, she confided in some of her close peers at school to hide the pain. One of her best friends happens to be my father. During school my parents became really close, resulting in courtship. My mother became pregnant at the age sixteen. When her father found out that she was pregnant, he nearly killed her. The beating he gave her was so severe that it was a miracle that I’m here today. After that beating my mother ran away to save the life of her unborn child’s and her own. Yasmin had me at the age seventeen. At this time she was now a single parent; my father left to join the army. Raising me was very hard because not only was she a single parent, she had to drop out of school. Yasmin moved into public housing and had government aid helping her situation. A few years later she had my sister.

For most of my life my mother was my sole provider. Due to her being so strong she made a good life for herself. As of right now she is a district manager at the bank. Yasmin not only takes care of her own but others as well. Recently she raised $1,000+ to help benefit the people of New Orleans.

I was blessed to be put onto Earth by such a phenomenal woman. Through the hard times, she has always been there. She has sacrificed her life and dreams just her daughters.