Young K. Chang

by Ruby from Flushing

My father is a hero, because he makes happiness, and gives it to me. What do you think makes him a hero? I think of him as a hero because he gave a life to me, and he is my father. He also gives peace to me. From now on, I will explain more about my hero.

My father lives in Korea. His birthday is January 1st, which is very interesting. I think he received a blessing, because his birthday is the start of a new year. My hero's family members are my mother, brother, and me. His name is YoungKuen Jang, and his job is a company employee. He also likes animals and wrestling. He likes to help other people!

He helped other people in the past, but he is helping more now. I know that he helps other people because he had a hard time when he was a child. So, he understands poor people's minds, and he helps others by giving money to poor people. Also, sometimes he gives money to the hospital, and he always says, “When we have money, we serve poor people.”

He is important to my life, because I model myself after the pattern of his heroic character and instruction. I also admire that he likes giving something to poor people, and I like that he has good thinking.