The MY HERO Project | Library

A Wondrous Journey: A Small Book with Big Lessons

By Dr. Martha MacGuffie and Lynn Cluess Manzione

Publisher: Two Harbors Press, June 2010
ISBN: 1936198614
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
Synopsis
A Wondrous Journey shows us what can occur when action is taken. When photographer Lynn Cluess Manzione decided to take on a project to counter what certain media are portraying as 'women worthy of our attention,' she found herself on an incredible journey. Manzione traveled through time with Dr. Martha MacGuffie, a retired surgeon and eighty-six-year-old humanitarian whose poignant story not only achieved the photographer's mission to show that beauty is heart and soul deep, but also offered wonderful life lessons along the way.

A Wondrous Journey is the chronicle of Dr. MacGuffie's inspiring life story -- one of triumph, loss, and profound compassion. It is also a journey of self-discovery for Manzione, which leads to what they both share on the pages of this small book with big lessons.

User Reviews:
Lynn Cluess Manzione | 2/2/2011 2:32 PM
What happens when an amazing humanitarian meets a dedicated artist? It's the beginning of A Wondrous Journey. In a world of strife and suffering, here is a story that must be read and emulated. Dr. ''Bobby'' MacGuffie is a sublime heroine who simply says, 'I will do my best,' and Lynn Manzione simply says, 'And I will make the world aware.' If they do not inspire you, it's likely you are not alive -- but if you want to live again... READ THIS BOOK!!! Thank you Bobby & Lynn, and peace to you both. --Malachy McCourt, actor and author

This book should be a part of the education system. The messages are ones that could benefit anyone who has ever struggled. --Mikhail Baryshnikov, dancer, author and actor

Martha MacGuffie is living proof that regardless of age or hardship, the human spirit is indomitable, and can achieve anything it sets its sights on. --Ellen Burstyn, actor and author

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews