ORGANIZER

Poster Contest

MY HERO in partnership with Art Miles and UN Association-San Diego

Poster Contest 10/15

The MY HERO Project Gallery seeks to engage young artists in learning about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals which are meant to create a better earth now and for the future. We want young artists to be curious and investigate a goal and person, famous or non-famous, who is doing important work towards one or more of the goals.

Poster Contest Details

Overview

The contest welcomes student artists of all ages.

Prizes:

• Certificate of Excellence & MY HERO Stickers

Poster Requirements

• Needs to have a Hero in the poster (either digitally or hand-drawn)

• Needs to have Hero name as text

• Needs to have SDG number and name

• Needs to illustrate the theme and work of the SDG and Hero

Find out about the Sustainable Development Goals 

MY HERO Sustainable Development Goals Multimedia Resouces
Credit: UN

MY HERO Resources

The MY HERO Project is dedicated to honoring heroes around the world. As an organization we consider people heroes when they exhibit the values of kindness, generosity, peace, joy, empathy, and so on. If you are still unsure if the person you wish to showcase is a hero, please take some time to navigate our forum on how to choose a hero. MY HERO also provides multimedia content on stories and a 365 day calendar that showcases a variety of heroes on their birthdays. (Links at the bottom of this page.)

Remember to choose a hero working towards 1 out of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. 

Tutorial for students explaining how to use MY HERO's Create Program to Submit Artwork.

Use the Create Program to Upload Art Tutorial

Past Winners

The Future is Female!

By: Joshua Urevbu
Celebrating Malala's activism for young women.

WONDERFUL HEDY LAMARR

By: SIU KA YI
Hedy Lamarr was one of the famous girl inventors which investigated new advanced information and communication technology.

Past Finalists

NATURAL HERO - GRETA THUNBERG

By: CHAN PO CHI, ANGELO
Greta Thunberg is a Swedish environmental activist known for challenging world leaders to take immediate action against climate change.

Cody Friesen

By: Maahi Srivastava
"Cody Friesen" by Maahi Srivastava, student artist.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg By: Lily Cooke

By: Lily Cooke
Ruth Bader Ginsburg - an amazing example of a hero for the UN Sustainable Development Goal #10: Reduce inequality within and among countries.

JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU

By: JOHN P ANSON
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru is the First Prime minister of India and advocate for children.

Marvelous Thomas Piketty

By: CHAN WING CHI, VINCI
Thomas Piketty is a is a Professor of Economics in France, he promotes the issue of wealth inequality, and arise the public’s attention towards it via his thesis.

Malala SDGs 17, 5 and 4

By: Arushi V.
This poster shows us a representation of the activist Malala, who worked to try to give girls in Pakistan the opportunity to go to school. Malala was born in a place where girls were unable to get an education.

Malala Yousafzai -My Hero poster contest picture

By: Ananya. G
"Malala" by Ananya. G, student artist.

Nelson Mandela:goal 10

By: Sunaad

Learn More about Our Partners

Related Pages

Discuss Concept of Heroism in the MY HERO Forum
Credit: UN
MY HERO Stories
365 Days of Heroes Calendar

Organizer created on 7/15/2020 4:33:30 PM by Giselle Villatoro

Last edited 9/20/2022 1:33:41 PM by Laura Nietzer