Charlie Sciacca

by Vincent from Quakertown

My dog Charlie is a yellow lab and a hero because he is loyal, strong, and lovable. He is the best dog ever because he is very protective. One day I was in my car and Charlie was guarding the door of the car. A bird flew over to the car and Charlie started to bark like crazy. We once had a 6' buck in our yard and we didn’t see it, but Charlie did. He then ran full force towards it to scare it away.

Charlie is loyal because he listens to me most of the time. I’m his second owner. This means I’m the person that takes care of him when my mom is not around. He was given to us as a very fat dog. He is about 110 pounds at the moment. He has the same birthday as me, which also makes him special to me. He shows very much loyalty towards me.

We know Charlie is strong because he is fat and we are surprised that his hips haven’t given out yet. We call him a moose because he is so heavy. There was one incident that made us believe that he is strong. It was one night and my mom and I were going to drop off our garbage at the end of our lane. We let Charlie follow us down. When my mom and I had to turn around she was backing up until we heard a huge squeal. We knew it was Charlie. We got out of the car and went over to see if he was okay. We found him with his leg under one of the tires. The next day we took him to the animal hospital they did x-rays and found no fractured or broken bones. It was a miracle. That is how he is strong.

Charlie is lovable because he is very playful and cute. When he does his puppy dog eyes it is hard to resist petting him. He always comes up on the bed when we are lying down. When we are on the couch he comes up and watches TV with us. He loves tug of war and is very good at it. When you are sitting down he will come over and sit on you. He is very cute because of his eyes. That is why Charlie is lovable.

I think Charlie is the best dog I ever owned. To me, that means a lot of dogs because we have had over 7 dogs already. Two are still alive: Tessie and Gavin. Although all the other dogs were lovable and protective ,they weren’t loyal and were really rough when playing around. Charlie is great dog. He might be fat but he still plays around and doesn’t just lie around like some dogs do. That is why Charlie is a hero.

How to Love Your Dog - Pictures of labs and info on how to take care of your dog.
Labrador Retriever - Wikipedia Website - Find all information on labradors.
Dog Breed Info Center - All about breeding labradors and health issues.