Press_Release

CALL FOR ENTRIES 2021 MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

by MY HERO Media from LAGUNA BEACH, CA

CONTACT:                                                                                  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wendy Milette
Festival Director
[email protected]
949-376-5964

DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR 2021 MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL ENTRIES

September 14, LAGUNA BEACH, CA - October 1, 2021 is the FINAL deadline for submissions for the MY HERO International Film Festival. The festival offers cash and prizes for inspiring short films about people making a difference in the world. Categories include Narrative, Documentary, Music video, Experimental, Animation, Trailer and Excerpt.

Separate divisions honor Elementary, Middle School, High School and College students as well as Professionals. (Students can submit their work for free by emailing Wendy Milette at [email protected].)

Learn more about our Special Awards and enter your work today!

This year we are inviting youth reporters to create short documentaries on heroes making a positive difference in their community with the

WOJ YOUTH REPORTER AWARD! CLICK ON THE LINK TO LEARN MORE:

The WOJ Youth Reporter Award  is presented by Tract in honor of its co-founder Esther Wojcicki, an outstanding media arts educator, author and reporter. The Award comes with a 500 dollar prize. The winner will be selected by Tract and Esther Wojcicki.

Dan Eldon Activist AwardMY HERO

The Dan Eldon Activist Award offers a $500 cash prize to a filmmaker whose work highlights an activist or activism. The award is sponsored by Creative Visions Foundations founder Kathy Eldon and Amy Eldon Turteltaub, mother and sister of the slain 23-year-old journalist, who died in 1993 on assignment in Somalia in 1993. 

Ron Kovic Peace PrizeMY HERO

The $1,000 Ron Kovic Peace Prize is awarded to a filmmaker whose work promotes peace. The winner is chosen by Ron Kovic, a U.S. Marine-turned-peace activist, artist, and author of the New York Times bestseller Born on the Fourth of July, which became a major motion picture.

Relationships First AwardMY HERO

The Relationships First Award is given to a filmmaker whose work portrays the diversity and depth of today's modern family relationships. The Foundation for the Contemporary Family offers a $1,500 cash prize for a short film that depicts the powerful connections present in any type of family.

138500Original Song ContestMY HERO

The MY HERO Project and Guitars in the Classroom present the Original Song Contest. The award honors a student and a professional songwriter whose work showcases a hero or heroism.

WTM AwardMY HERO

The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award goes to a filmmaker who shows women making a positive difference in the world through their use of media. The $2,500 award is sponsored by Holocaust survivor, philanthropist, and mentor to thousands, Eva Haller, and is divided among two divisions — student and a professional filmmakers.

138501Student Filmmaker AwardsMY HERO

The Student Filmmaker Awards showcase films that celebrate heroes. Separate awards are given for elementary school through college-age filmmakers. Categories include: Student /Mentor, Narrative, Documentary, Experimental, Music Video, and Animation.

Immersive Storytelling AwardMY HERO

The Immersive Storytelling Award honors work that uses VR and other immersive technology to promote creativity, engagement, activism and social good. The award is sponsored by The MY HERO Project.