Carol Zimmerman

by Foster from Dublin

My hero is my grandmother. I think of a hero as someone that encourages you, helps you, makes you a better person and helps others.                                                                                                                                                                      

Driving

My grandma has to get up a 6 am at least 3 times every week to drive for one hour to get to our house, then drives my little sister to her preschool. She drives back see if my sister missed the school bus and when she has the time to relax, instead of relax, she cleans the house. She goes places and gets people snacks like cookies or chocolate for no reason at all, even when we don’t ask. She then drives my sister home, then drives to a grocery store usually. She then drives my older sister to her shows and drives back to drive me to places that she thinks are interesting like shops or restaurants. Then she does that about 3 more times and then drives back to her hometown to rest/clean for 15 and then drives 30 minutes to do what I just wrote but like 3 times worse and she still could do more. She doesn’t want recognition for what she does and does not expect a thank you. She just smiles and nods, tells us something inspiring and sends us off on our way.

She started playing piano at age 9. She has continued on playing for almost 40 years! She has taught my mom piano, and now she is a piano teacher. My mom then taught my sister how to play the piano and now she is really good at it. I was taught the piano too. MY grandma always thought that piano isn't a competition on who can play a better song or play a song faster to impress people. She taught me and my mom and sister that piano was a way to  express yourself, and show people that you should never judge a book by its cover. She expressed stories to us through singing and piano. (She also taught us singing too) It had a lot more impact than just telling a story because of the way she worded it. She had been able to really express herself through music and hasn’t stopped. She also is a piano teacher just like my mom. As she went through countless lessons telling me and my cousins about friendship and sharing, I had developed an idea. That one day, somehow, I could give her the recognition that she really deserved. Now here I am. Writing an entire article about her but still that can’t get everything else out about how much I care about her

Conclusion 

My grandma has supported everyone in my family and sometimes out of my family. She is one of the nicest people ever. She runs school plays as a volunteer and makes then better in my opinion, she teaches people piano and doesn’t ask for money, she drives around to family members to makes their days just a little bit better. She has inspired me and my mom, sister and my cousins to never give up, to work hard and to do the right thing by teaching us life lessons through song. She helps everyone so much. I think she needs more recognition. My hero, My grandmother, is piano teacher, singer and one of the best persons in the world.

Thank you for reading my essay.