Doreen Grey

by Stan, Master's Academy, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

1) A hero helps me become who I am. 2) A hero puts God first in their life. 3) Because of what a hero does in the past I benefit from it now. 4) A hero is highly respected. 5) A hero takes risks.

The person who is my hero is Mrs. Doreen Grey. She is a teacher hero.

Mrs. Grey was born in South Africa. She has two sisters and one brother Mrs. Grey was 17 when she came to Canada. She and her family came to Canada because there was lots of freedom. Her hero was her Dad because he raised them to be strong people. She was around the age of 13 or 14 when she became a Christian. Mrs. Grey got into teaching because that was all she ever wanted to do. She got involved in Master’s Academy because she wanted to build a school with a Christian atmosphere. She met with Mr. Rudmick and they talked and it all came together. She has one son and two daughters.

In Grade 2 Mrs. Grey had lots of Speedy Math quizzes and now I now my math facts off by heart. She helped me become a better reader and now I read very well. She has helped me become the strong learner that I am. Mrs. Grey was born into a Christian family. At the age of 13 or 14 she became a Christian. People can see she is a Christian by the way she acts. She puts God first in her life. Mrs. Grey made up funny sayings to help us spell better and understand the rules of spelling more. Here is an example for how to spell friend: don’t fry your end. Because of her helping me in the past I now can spell today. Mrs. Grey was highly respected at Canyon Meadows Elementary School where she was my Grade 2 teacher. Now she is the principal at Master’s and she is still respected and looked upon for advice. Mrs. Grey took a risk when she left the public system to come and teach at a small private school. Now Master’s Academy is very big but three years ago she didn’t know that it would be.All in all Mrs. Grey is a pretty nice and cool person.

Master's Academy: - This is the school that Mrs Grey is principal of.