Diana Spencer

by Kim from Webb City, MO

Heroes are well known all around the country. They are found everywhere. Every one is a hero in one way or another. Some people are better known, and some are not. A hero is a person who is looked by upon other people, they help people, And the try to keep them strong, and they self sacrifice themselves. Princess Diana was a hero because she has accomplished many things throughout her life. She will be missed forever.

Princess Diana had visited many people, but 2 people who had the opportunity to meet such a wonderful woman; she had the opportunity to hear 2 of many heartbreaking stories. A 47-year-old man had lost his legs because of an explosion in the mines where he worked. He is fully blind in one eye and half in the other. Princess Diana had a heart of gold, so she have the man a new apartment and she helped him start a small business. Then a 15-year-old girl named Mirzeta Gabelic had lost her right leg right below the knee. Princess Diana cried then gave Mirzeta a $1500.00 Prosthesis.

People looked up to her because she loved everything. She took interest in the homeless, disabled children, lepers, and the elderly. She was a huge part of the Charity for Aids. She was a part of it most of her life. Then before she married Prince Charles, she was every young child’s hero. She was a kindergarten Teacher for quite a few years.

Mother Teresa was well known to be with princess Diana when they went on their mission trips. They once went to India to help little children with their learning. They once even won a Nobel Prize. Mother Teresa once said, " She was very concerned about the poor, which is why she came close to me." Right after princess Diana died in 1997.

So, in conclusion, Princess Diana was known all around the world. She helped everyone she could. She loved everyone and everything. She cared about what she did. She loved what she did. She did what she loved, and what she loved was helping people.

Crampton, Luke. Princess Diana. New York: DK Publishing, 1996 Pickering, David. Lady Diana: London Wellington House, 1994. Wilson, Kathey. Princess of Wales. Columbia: University Press, 2001.