Edgar Wright

by Jacob Pleadwell from Newark, California in United States

Edgar Howard Wright, who was born on the 18th of April in 1974, is an English director, screenwriter, producer, and actor. He is best known for his comedic Three Flavours Cornetto film trilogy consisting of "Shaun of the Dead" (2004), "Hot Fuzz" (2007), and "The World's End" (2013), made with recurrent collaborators Simon Pegg, Nira Park and Nick Frost. He also collaborated with them as the director of the television series "Spaced."

As a young boy, he used his Super-8 camera that he got from a relative as a gift and made many short films during the late 1980s. Some years later, he got his first Video-8 camcorder, which he won in the television program "Going Live" and used it to make comic short films like "Dead Right." Edgar Wright started his career with a very low budget in 1995 and made his first feature film, an independent spoof western, "A Fistful of Fingers." It caught the attention of British comedians David Edward Williams and Matthew Richard Lucas. They hired Wright to direct their parodic sketch show "Mash and Peas" for the Paramount Comedy channel in 1996.

Wright directed the 2010 comedy film "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," starring Michael Cera, Chris Evans, Anna Kendrick, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Wright won the Empire Award for Best Director. Wright usually directs comedies and loves action films. Despite being filled with zombies and aliens, there is something cozy about Wright’s films. In "Hot Fuzz," he returned to his hometown of Wells in Somerset to use it as the backdrop for the village of Sandford. He even included the supermarket he worked in as a youth, no doubt fulfilling an adolescent fantasy by wreaking complete havoc on it.

One of my favorite films Edgar Wright has directed is "Baby Driver." According to IMDb, "Baby is a young and partially hearing impaired getaway driver who can make any wild move while in motion with the right track playing. It's a critical talent he needs to survive his indentured servitude to the crime boss, Doc, who values his role in his meticulously planned robberies. However, just when Baby thinks he is finally free and clear to have his own life with his new girlfriend, Debora, Doc coerces him back for another job."

I chose this filmmaker because I love all of his movies and I notice the hard work he puts into his movies and his dedication for each one of them. He is a really great film director.

BABY DRIVER - Official International Trailer (HD) - A talented, young getaway driver (Ansel Elgort) relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. When he meets the girl of his dreams (Lily James), Baby sees a chance to ditch his criminal life and make a clean getaway. But after being coerced into working for a crime boss (Kevin Spacey), he must face the music when a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom. See it Only In Cinemas.