Kenji Williams
Bella Gaia
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Bella Gaia

Kenji Williams | Experimental | USA

“Bella Gaia means Beautiful Earth. Producer Kenji Williams came up with the idea after meeting an astronaut who lived on a space station for 6 months.

<
>

On Her Watch
Amidst an onslaught of coal development, octogenarian Wendy Bowman stopped a powerful multinational mining company from taking her family farm and protected her community from further pollution and environmental destruction.
A Volatile Habitat
Putting his life on the line, Rodrique Katembo, a brave park ranger went undercover to document and release information about bribery and corruption in the quest to drill for oil in Virunga National Park (Democratic Republic of Congo), resulting in public outrage that forced the company to withdraw from the project.
The Community They Fight For
Latino community activist Mark Lopez pushed government officials to provide comprehensive lead testing and cleanup of East Los Angeles homes contaminated by a battery smelter that had been operating for over three decades.
The Curious End to the War Against Ourselves
This art making pilgrimage occurred at the Republican and Democratic National Conventions in the summer of 2016. Armed with a 170 foot linen scroll and art supplies, we offered a guided art making meditation to bring people into their bodies and hearts.
Township Hero
Password: Township hero A nine year old boy, Lukhanyo, from a township in South Africa spends his days rescuing sick animals against all odds.
4:46
Reunited: A Short Film about Music and the Human Spirit
In this uplifting short film, directed by Max Thurlow and Nick Trumble, Noisey meets 93 year old jazz pianist Edward Hardy.
11:09
Justdiggit's documentary Rainmakers
This short Justdiggit documentary shows the benefits of a landscape restoration project in progress, digging 72.000 bunds to harvest rainwater and restore the degraded land in Kenya.
4:51
The Lady and Her Secrets
A film showcasing the beauty and wonder of the marine life in the sea surrounding Lady Elliot Island.
9:41
INVISIBLE WINGS – A Tea Seller Couple Who Travelled the World
Copybook Films proudly presents Invisible Wings is the story of a man who has discovered this magical dimension of his life.
2:06
The hydrologic corridor
An explanation of our system approach: the hydrologic corridor.
2:30
Exam Stress, Syrian Style
In Syria they take exam stress to a whole new level. This UNICEF commission for the 6th anniversary of the war is an innovative mix of paper models, drawing and CG graphics animated using motion capture.
8:16
My Haggan Dream
On the island of Saipan, a young girl's mysterious dream about a haggan, or green sea turtle, leads her to investigate the sea turtles that live around her home. Join her adventure to find turtles, which leads to a wonderful birthday wish.
5:37
Beta Radio - On The Frame (A Family History)
Many families mark the passage of time by drawing lines on a door frame to measure their children’s growth. For Ben Mabry, this tradition stretches back over forty years as three generations of his family left their “mark” on a single wall in his grandfather’s house.
9:16
The Tyranny of Distance
Fifteen years of civil war in Liberia has resulted in one of the world’s worst doctor shortages and cut off the country’s rural poor from basic healthcare. Community health workers trained and equipped by the non-profit Last Mile Health are working to deliver lifesaving health services to the 1.2 million Liberians living in the most remote reaches of the country.
2:13
The Women and the Waves 2 [Trailer]
“The Women and the Waves 2” is a documentary surf film that celebrates women and their unique approach to surfing and life. The film looks at the state of surfing today from a feminine perspective and features positive role models that give back to people and the planet.
2:41
The Journey Within (official trailer)
In a post 9/11 Pakistan faced with challenges of war and conflict, a quest for self-identity leads the inspirational journey of a music show to help reclaim the rich and vast musical heritage of this region. In doing so it has become one of the biggest music initiatives from this side of the world, bringing together unique cultural experiences and genres, including but not limited to folk, sufi, rock, pop and rap music. We discover the show from its humble beginnings, living through its spirit to reach the heart of the experience, as artists unify eastern and western sounds to make music that will resonate across the globe; impacting all involved and planting the seeds for an ongoing inward reflection towards who we are as individuals and as a people.
Joe's Violin [Trailer]
A 91-year-old Holocaust survivor's violin donation during an instrument drive changes the life of a 12-year-old girl from the Bronx.
Shamanic Trekker [Trailer]
A Journey to the source of Shamanism in Peru.
2:22
A Magical Place
In South Sudan, school is a magical place.
5:04
The Ultimate Running Machine
After a brutal mugging left him with traumatic brain injury, John Pierre decided to ‘suit up’ in a neon cape and lightning bolt socks, emerging as the New York running community’s very own superhero.