Gabriel Prosser

by kia from st.paul

Gabriel wanted to be free. I forgot about when he was born and all that stuff but thats not important. Whats important is what I am about to tell you.

In his childhood he one day tryed to steal a pig. He got cought and had to fight his way out of trouble. He bit one part of a boys ear to excape.

He then grew up and became a well trained black smith. No one has knew anything about his parents only that they had two children one of them were Gabriel and one was his brother. Gabriel's owner some where in the 1800's died and his son took over after.

During breaks he tryed to make up a plan to end up free. He planed to kill all the near by plantation owners and kidnap the president or someone similar to him and make a law telling the un-colored could not be able to own them because everyone was equal. The plan then failed because of the weather. They killed them before they killed the plantation owners except Gabriel. The ones that tattle taled on them was one of the slaves that heard about the plan. But so many days later they caught up with Gabriel and killed him.

I think that was sad. Im sorry that I didn't add all the details but that should be anough.