Gage Jaquay

by Lea Jaquay from Mrs. Safreed's Room

My brother is my best friend. He does anything and everything for me. We have different moms but the same dad. His mother passed away when he was 1 year and 6 months old. That's why he's so important to me, because he's strong and never gave up. Although he can be mean sometimes, that's what big brothers are for. When I'm sad, he makes me happy. When I'm happy, he makes me laugh even harder. He supports me with whatever I do. He comes to almost all my softball games.

Gage is a real troublemaker, but I still love him. My family supports him sometimes, but I will always support whatever he wants to do. He's a really great person inside and out. He doesn't live with me anymore and we don't see each other often, but we talk on the phone a lot. If my brother wasn't my brother I have no clue what I would do. He has done so much for me and my family. My dad had rough times and my brother would always cut grass or shovel snow to get money.     

We always get into fights, but we make up. There was this one time we got into a really bad fight and didn't talk for three months, but then we missed each other too much, so we talked again. We probably see each other about once every two months. We are eight years apart; he's 19 and I'm 11. He is hands down my favorite sibling. I love him with all my heart and no one can ever change that.

131646My hero Lea