Hillary Clinton

by Jennifer from Leawood, Kansas

"Our lives are a mixture of different roles. Most of us are doing the best we can to find whatever the right balance is . . . For me, that balance is family, work, and service." —Hillary Rodham Clinton
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Hillary Rodham Clinton

Hillary Rodham Clinton—does her name ring a bell? She is a mother, lawyer, advocate, politician, crusader and the wife of the 41st President of the United States, William Clinton. Hillary Clinton was First Lady for eight years, and First Lady of Arkansas, when William Clinton was governor, for 12 years. While working together with her husband, she helped thousands of families.

In 1993, the President asked his wife to chair the Task Force on National Health Care Reform, continuing to advocate for expanding health insurance coverage. On Nov. 7, 2000, Hillary Clinton was elected into the U.S. Senate, making her the first woman to be a New York senator. In this position, Senator Clinton works with families and children. She helps families who have low incomes get insurances and take care of their children. She also works to make the Children’s Health Insurance Program stronger.

After the disastrous September 11th terrorists attacks, Hillary Clinton sheltered families in need of homes and gave food to the famished citizens. She assisted hospitals and helped at heavily populated health care centers. Hillary Clinton also raised money to rebuild the city and many other heroic and compassionate things. During her husband's first term as president, she helped develop a plan that covered health insurance for all those Americans who couldn’t afford it. Unfortunately, Congress disapproved this plan, but that didn’t stop her from trying again. Hillary Clinton helped American citizens in numerous other situations.

“I wasn't born a first lady or a senator. I wasn't born a Democrat. I wasn't born a lawyer or an advocate for women's rights and human rights. I wasn't born a wife or a mother,” said Hillary Clinton.

As you can see, Hillary Clinton is a very strong role model for those girls or young woman who want to grow up to be like her, because she is respected, compassionate and she continuously perseveres. She has the urge to always help others out when they are in need. She helps our community get better and better every day.

A White House biography of Hillary Rodham Clinton
Women's International Center. - More info on Hillary Rodham Clinton and her work