John Helle

by Minh Phan from San Diego, California in United States

John Helle

The one that never loses his dream and keeps on working hard is John Helle. John Helle, the good shepherd. He was born and raised in Montana, where there were many fields with many animals, especially sheep. And John Helle is the one that raised and took care of over a thousand sheep. With his knowledge about wool and his love for the sheep, he created a family company, Duckworth, where they produce the most comfortable and safe wool to wear. We know that everyone has a dream of their own. But knowing how to make that dream come true and achieve it is another thing. Never give up on it and keep working hard is the good way to achieve the goal.

John Helle, the good shepherd born in Montana. He raised the sheep when he was little and when he grew up his dream was to take wool from the sheep that he takes care of and go sell it to everyone. John Helle is a very good shepherd. He raised and grew over a thousand sheep and the sheep are healthy and provide good wool. As a great good shepherd “The Gallatin Wildlife Association claims the government’s authorization for the Helle family of Dillon to graze almost 8,000 sheep on public lands”(Associated Press). This shows that John Helle raised a large amount of sheep. Only a good shepherd can raise that amount of sheep and can be patient to take care of them. This shows that he is a hero at raising and farming. According to that article, John Helle is truly good at breeding the sheep, he feeds them with good grass and other plants, he gives them with fresh water and cleans them everyday. We know  raising the sheep is not easy, so during that time, John Helle have some obstacle and amazing to solve that problem.

“The Montana-raised sheep spend the long, cold winter months on the Helle family ranch which hugs the boundaries of the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest.  Their open-range Montana merino sheep live between 5,000 and 9,500-feet elevation.(Newton, Shawn.)" According to the article, weather is a huge obstacle for John Helle and his family when they lived in Montana. And it’s even harder for him especially with the large amount of sheep. Winter is cold and summer is hot. Luckily John Helle figured out the way to keep the sheep warm during winter, and cool them down during summer. And Happily none of the sheep are sick. He even vaccinated those sheep to be aware of flu, sickness and all of the diseases. He made a big farm for them to rest. John Helle is a good shepherd. He inspired me because his characteristic is that he is never give up on what he’s doing, even though it is tough and sometimes really boring but he still wants to do it and do his best to raised the sheep.  

John Helle also has a huge knowledge about wool and uses it to create good fabric. As we know that he is a good shepherd, he created a company name “Duckworth” and it is a company that is best selling about wool. John Helle and his family work and provide good wool from the sheep. “Keeping wool science and knowledge at home inspires technical breakthroughs and innovation at every level of the process, building a vibrant and globally competitive textile industry for the long term” (Newton, Shawn.) The company that he is working on provides many good wool products. The wool that they manufacture is actually from the sheep that John Helle raised. Wool is safe and good to wear, with a great soft texture, the “Duckworth” wools is the first choice of the clothing world. There are some benefits and good inventions in wool, John Helle finds out “One of the reasons the Duckworth wool is so popular is because it is a comfortable fabric in either cold or hot weather. Layered garments keep the body warm in cold, winter climates, while the lightweight summertime products breath much better than cotton or polyester and dry much faster when wet.”From Sheep to Shelf, Duckworth Creates World-Class, American-Made Wool Clothing.) John Helle invention some interesting benefits about wools. Different from other texture of cloth clothing, Wools bring a comfortable feeling when you try it on. John Helle figured out wool is durable and repels moisture so it can last a long time. The Fabric is comfortable in all the season, resists wrinkles, easy to stretch and resists flame. Delicate fabric and quality products, John Helle create lots of good wool to sell for everyone. And his company “Duckworth” makes a huge impact on the garment industry. John Helle is a great wool creator. He has a large Company about wool and provides good products. He make a garment industry up many levels.

John Helle is a good shepherd and good wool creator. He never gives up on his dream and never stops doing it. Even though there are many textures that are interesting in the world right now, he still does his job and creates a great company where they are selling good and beautiful fabrics. John Helle inspire me a lot. Through his energy, he follows the dream and never stops creating and making the products good and better each and every day. This helps me to understand more about the garment industry and I can learn about how to achieve my goals through John Helle. John Helle influences the clothing industry and makes the good wool fabrics to purchase all over the world and helps wool to be a special texture to wear and last a long time. He influences me a lot by how good work will pay off and give you a bright future.

WORK CITED

Associated Press. “Montana Wildlife Group Seeks to Stop Sheep Grazing.” The Billings Gazette, 15 June

2015,billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/montana-wildlife-group-seeks-to-stop-sheep-grazing/artcle_bc6819da-295d-588d-b2f5-11df37a541ff.html.

Newton, Shawn. “A Montana Mainstay | Duckworth | Under the Big Sky.” KRTV.com, 11 Mar. 2019, krtv.com/under-the-big-sky/2019/03/11/a-montana-mainstay-duckworth-under-the-big-sky/.

“From Sheep to Shelf, Duckworth Creates World-Class, American-Made Wool Clothing.” Alliance for American Manufacturing, www.americanmanufacturing.org/blog/entry/from-sheep-to-shelf-duckworth-creates-world-class-american-made-wool-clothi.