Megan Jean

by Katie from Bloomfield Hills

Megan is my very best friend. She has been there for me forever. We kind of met on accident because both of our parents were building a house in a new neighborhood. There was this nice old woman named Rose Marie. She was in charge of doing all of the paper work and house ownership stuff. She had this little house where you would go in and sit at her desk and talk with her. Since both of our parents had come at the same time and had the same questions Megan and I were stuck there waiting for our parents to finish. Megan really wanted to play this game she found in Rose Marie's 'little kid toy chest.' So Megan asked her parents, Rose Marie, and then my parents. Since they were all talking, they couldn't really pay attention to her. Feeling very frusturated, Megan looked around and say me sitting in the corner. She shyly walked over and said,"Would you like to play this game with me?!" I said," Sure." So we started to play and finally when our parents were finished, we were having a blast. We were both about the same age. Megan was 4 and I was 3 1/2. Megan was born on May 4th, 1989. Our parents asked were each other where they lived beacause we were obviously we were becoming friends. We found out that we were only a few houses apart and exchanged phone numbers. (our new ones) Right when we moved into our house, it was time for my birthday. (June 20th) I invited most of my couisins and Megan (of course). All of my cousins had arrived with my aunts and uncles. I lokked around for Megan and saw here walking up the street with her mom. I ran down to greet her. As we walked up my drive-way, she noticed all of the strange people that she did not know. she then ran down to the mail boxes and hid behind them. ( In our neighbor hood every few blocks there was a big set of mail boxes and everyone had thier own key and mail box number. Fortunetly we lived right next to one.) I ran down after her and persuaded her to come up and have some fun. She did and she had a wonderful time. Looking back on that day, I feel that from then on we needed each other. She was always there for me from the start, no matter what! That was what I needed. A true friend to be there for me.

When we were about 5 we had our first sleepover-at my house. I was so excited. I had never had a REAL sleepover before!! We played, had dinner, watched a short movie and went to bed. I knew that megan was scared even though she was soooo excited. She wanted to go home. She felt sick she said and begged to go home. I can't remeber if she ever did go home but she held up for more that half the night. (it was past midnight when she wanted to go home) She stayed because she was excited and because she was being there for me. She probably didn't know this but I was really greatful that she put in the effort to stay and have a good time. I can understand why she was so scared. The next time I slept over at her house I bet I did the same thing. There was another example of how megan was there for me. She always was even from the very start. When we entered Kindergarden, we were in the same afternoon class. We did everything together that year. We didn't even make new friends. (if we did it was together) We were both really into barbies at the time. We both had the Big blue,pink and white town house with the green door. My dad had a big train table that he had set up but I instatly started setting up my barbie stuff on it. Megan, of course, was there to help. Megan had a beautiful finished, carpeted basement. I love to play down there for hours with her. After our Kindergarden year, Our Elementry School, Maple, had too many first graders. So they did a raffle. They picked a class worth of names to be sent to a rent-out school, Meadow Lake Elementary. Thankfully Megan and I were both choosen. Since in Kindergarden we were such trouble makers together, we were'nt put in the same class. I really didn't like Meadow Lake, but Megan did so I did too. Since Megan was older than me, I treated her like a big sister. It seemed like whatever she did, I did and whatever she had, I had to have too. Megan didn't really mind this I do't think. She seemed to enjoy it a little. That year in 1st grade even though we weren't in the same class we still got to eat and play together at lunch and recess. 1st grade was a big step for us both. But I think for Me more than her because I had gotten so used to having her around and looking up to her that I had a real hard time the first month or so making new friends. Megan is the kind of person that you was to look up to you WANT to be her friend, you WANT do be like her and that is why I liked her so much. Megan is a beautiful girl who has red-orange curly hair and thousands and thousands of frekles all over. She has big blue-grey eyes and a great talent for drawing. Megan is also tall and slender.