Mamoudou Gassama

by Gwénaëlle Boutillier from Caen in France

Hello, my name is Gwénaëlle, I'm sixteen years old and I'm going to speak about the person that I consider a hero. His name is Mamoudou Gassama who did some heroic acts. On the 26th of May 2018, he saved a kid from falling from a balcony by grabbing him. As a consequence, for this very heroic action, he was granted French Nationality from Emanuel Macron, the French President. He was brave enough to face the dangerous situation: first, he didn't think about his own life (he was ready to sacrifice his own life).

Then, he could have been expelled from France as he doesn't have French identity papers. He was fearless and so selfless. He is physically tough because he managed to climb up the balcony. And he succeeded in saving the child in a few seconds. He was quick in making the right and fair decisions. He used to be totally dedicated and he still is today. He was very humble too. After he saved the children, he said to TV journalists and camera, "I didn't think, I just went and I won!" He was really courageous, that's amazing! 

So, I think Mamoudou Gassama will make a very good hero.