Marie

by Maeli Giorgianni from Phalempin in France

My hero is Marie, she is a very strong person and she is my mother. I consider my mother as a hero because despite her difficult childhood, she stayed strong and now she has a beautiful life. When she was six years old her father killed her mother in front of her with 12 inch knife wound for love when my grandmother broke up with him. He killed her because he didn't want to see his wife with another man, and he abandoned my mother and he killed himself. She had to live with her stepfather and 3 sisters and 2 brothers. Later when she was 20 years old she lost her brother. She faced it and today she lives with a lot of memories of that.

She influences me because in her place I don't know how I would have overcome all that and I would not have now lived a beautiful life like her. I admire her courage and her strength, I want to be as strong as her.