Audio Stories

Our best Audio Stories from over the years

Mamadou Tall Diedhiou

By: Cheikh Darou Seck
related print story link: http://www.myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=Diedhiou_Senegal

Artist Hero: Vincent Van Gogh

By: Claudia Hudson
"I know for sure that I have an instinct for color, and that it will come to me more and more, that painting is in the very marrow of my bones."

Artist Hero: Edmonia Lewis

Please enjoy this reading of our MY HERO story Edmonia Lewis by Jerrilyn & Madeline Jacobs, read by Susan Gabriel Bunn.

Business Hero Danny Thomas By Sarah from San Diego

DOLORES OLMEDO PATINO

By: MyHERO.com
Dolores Olmedo Patino, also known as

Business Hero: Madam C.J. Walker

By: Alexandra from St.Paul
"...we must not let our love of country, our patriotic loyalty cause us to abate one whit in our protest against wrong and injustice."

Community Hero: Craig Kielburger

By: Jane Wallace
Community Hero: Craig Kielburger

Community Hero: Robin Lim

By: Wendy Jewell
Associated link to print story; http://www.myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=Robin_Lim_2012

Community Hero: Sanjit 'Bunker' Roy

By: Abeygail from San Diego
"What's the best way of communicating in the world today? Television? No. Telegraph? No. Telephone? No. Tell a woman."

Explorer Hero: Amelia Earhart

By: The MY HERO Project

Amelia Earhart is my hero because she did what no other woman had dared to do.

Explorer Hero: James Herman Banning

Life does not give us all the same opportunities, so when underdogs find a way to succeed anyway they create hope for others.

JOHN GLENN

By: The My HERO Project
At the height of the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union, John Glenn launched into space and landed as the first American to orbit the Earth. The year was 1962. The Berlin Wall had just been erected and the prior year saw two Russian c

Earthkeeper Hero: John Muir

By: The MY HERO Project
Please enjoy this reading of our MY HERO story John Muir by Harold W. Wood, Jr., read by Susan Gabriel Bunn.

The MacGillivrays

By: The MY HERO Project
Please enjoy this reading of our MY HERO story The MacGillivrays, read by Susan Gabriel Bunn.

Wangari Maathai

By: The MY HERO Project
Please enjoy this reading of our MY HERO story Wangari Maathai by Heidi Antocicco, read by Susan Gabriel Bunn.

Mother Teresa

By: MYHERO.com
Mother Teresa was born on August 26, 1910 in Skopje , Macedonia. The youngest child born to Nikola and Drana Bojaxhiu, she was baptised Gonxha Anges. She received her first communion at the age of five and a half and was confirmed in November 1916. When h

Pope Francis

By: Wendy Jewell
"We need to include the excluded and preach peace."

Regina Jonas

Please enjoy this reading of our MY HERO story Regina Jonas by Ariel from Sycamore Jr High, Ohio, read by Susan Gabriel Bunn.

Woman Hero: Mary Church Terrell

By: Helen from Roseville
"I cannot help wondering sometimes what I might have done if I have lived in a country which had not circumscribed and handicapped me on account of my race, but had allowed me to reach any height I was able to attain."

Freedom Hero: Rosa Parks

By: The MY HERO Project
Please enjoy this reading of our MY HERO story Rosa Parks by Francisca Stewart

Abraham Lincoln

By: Dalton, Steven, Imer and Destiney
A student report.

Abraham Lincoln

By: Valerie, Cruz, Daniela and David
A student report.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

By: Letecia, Ciera, Richard and Isaac

Martin Luther King, Jr.

By: Zach, Julian, Tyanna and Marvin
A student report

Lifesavers

Health Hero: Dr. Hawa Abdi

By: Jane Wallace
"We are not just helpless victims of Civil War-We are the leaders...We make peace. We are the hope of the future generations...We can do everything."

Lifesaver Hero: SASA

By: Jane wallace from New York
Associated Link to Print Story Sasa_2011

Ella Fitzgerald

Musician Hero Vy Higginsen

By: Jane Wallace

Herb Alpert

By: David Kelly
MUSICIAN HERO: HERB ALPERT

Musician Hero Bruce Springsteen

By: Wendy Jewell
Musician Hero Bruce Springsteen

Azim Khamisa

PEACEMAKER HERO: AZIM KHAMISA

FAUZIA MINALLAH

By: The MY HERO Project

Please enjoy this reading of our MY HERO story Fauzia Minallah by Joanne Tawfilis, read by Susan Gabriel Bunn.

Mattie Stepanek

By: Jeni Stepanek
HERO'S HERO: MY SON, MATTIE J. T. STEPANEK

Jeni Stepanek

By: The MY HERO Project

Please enjoy this reading of the MY HERO story Jeni Stepanek by Claudia Herrera Hudson read by Susan Gabriel Bunn.

Peacemaker Hero: Ron Kovic

By: Anabell Vo
"If our legacy is an end to violence, then there is nothing more worthwhile to dedicate our lives to."

Peacemaker Hero: Peace Pilgrim

By: Myhero.com
My hero is Peace Pilgrim. She took on the name Peace Pilgrim in her young years and it was her legal name. She took that name because she walked a pilgrimage for peace. Her birth name before she became Peace Pilgrim was Mildred Norman. Peace Pilgrim never

Angel Hero: Sadako Sasaki

By: The MY HERO Project
"This is our cry, this is our prayer; peace in the world."

Poets

Poet: Hadraawi (Mohamed Ibrahim Warsame)

"This respected poet is to the Somalis what Shakespeare was to the English...his poems and literary works reflect on all aspects of life such as social ills, politics, love, peace and the agony of the Somali people." - Ahmed Hussein Kahin

Maya Angelou

By: Michael, Amaya, Meredity, Emma & Bryson

Science Hero: Albert Baez

By: Emma Navajas
He studied very hard, worked even harder, and devoted his life to the development of science and technology.

Science Hero: Fabiola Gianotti

By: Wendy Jewell
"Touch a scientist and you touch a child." -- Ray Bradbury

Sports Hero: C.Vivian Stringer

By: The My Hero Project
Coach Vivian Stringer doesn't give up easily; for her adversity is simply an opponent to defeat. Just a quick glance through Stringer's list of awards and achievements reveals a pattern of wins and much improved teams; and speaks volumes about Stringer's

Sports Hero: Johann Olav Koss: Right to Play

By: Wendy Jewell
"I get very emotional and upset when I see this. And I want to show strength, that we are caring for them, that we are here to do something and not only make promises."

Teacher Hero: Atsuko Shiwaku

By: David Kemker
Atsuko Shiwaku 2009

VIOLA VAUGHN

By: MYHERO.com
Viola Vaughn encompasses the true meaning of a hero. A native of Detroit, Michigan, she spent the majority of her life as an active educator. Faced with personal tragedy, Viola triumphed and developed a non-profit organization

Teacher Hero Louis Braille

By: Brett

Teacher Hero Jaime Escalante

By: Anika

Teacher Hero: Paul Cummins

By: Jane Wallace
Paul Cummins is a poet, an author, but most of all he is an educational visionary.

Writer Hero: Anne Frank

By: The MY HERO Project

Please enjoy this reading of the MY HERO story Anne Frank by Jessica from Vermont read by Susan Gabriel Bunn.

Writer Hero: Dr. Seuss

By: Tina
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."

Mark Twain

By: The MY HERO Project
Please enjoy this reading of our MY HERO story Mark Twain by David Ginsburg, from

Writer Hero: Harriet Beecher Stowe

By: Tara from Conneticut
A common definition for a hero is someone who another person can look up to. Although I do agree with this statement, my definition for hero is a bit more elaborate. A hero, in my opinion, is someone that anyone can look up to. Someone who can change the way a person views things and their opinion on something.

Caine Monroy

By: David Kelly
print related story link: http://www.myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=Caine_Monroy_2012

Family Hero: Joneice

By: MyHERO.com
Joneice saved us when were just kids. My parents were always into their own thing whether it be drugs or straight self-guilt. Nevertheless, Joneice always took care of me. I was only five when I came to realize that I depended on her for everything. She w

Young Hero: Malala Yousafzai

By: Jane Wallace
"She is our candle they tried to snuff out.."Anonymous Pakistani

Community Hero: Molly

By: Wendy Jewell
"To My Hero Project, the organizers of the film festival and to all who nominated my film as a winner I'm saying Asante Sana. It's Swahili for 'thank you very much.'"

Young Heroes: Skye Malik

By: Sue Glader
print story associated link http://myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=Skye_Malik_2013

Peacemaker Hero: Mohamed Sidibay

By: David Kelly
Mohamed himself remains a great hero to many of the people in his life: his friends, teachers, fellow students and the people around the world who have been inspired by his journey.

Organizer created on 1/6/2015 11:44:29 AM by Becky Miller

Last edited 7/17/2019 1:02:12 PM by Anthony Pouw