MY HERO Art Gallery

The MY HERO Art Gallery has participated in various events in 2013

The MY HERO Art Gallery participated in the 2013 Orange County Imagination Celebration at the Laguna Art Museum on April 20th, 2013 with a hero art project and a digital storytelling station, equipped with iPads, cameras and video equipment. The event emphasized STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) for children of all ages.

MY HERO Gallery Director, Victoria Murphy with child at the Laguna Art Museum Imagination Celebration
MY HERO Staff worked with children at the Laguna Art Museum Imagination Celebration
Laguna Beach student with her hero portrait of Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas
On April 21, 2013 the MY HERO Gallery created a mural, Be a Hero Keep Our Oceans Clean & Safe! with the help of families visiting the boardwalk on Balboa Peninsula. MY HERO partnered with the Explorocean Museum for this fun, Sunday afternoon environmental art project as part of the Imagination Celebration in Newport Beach, California.
Students and MY HERO staff painted a mural at the Explorocean event in Newport Beach, CA.
'Be a Hero Keep Our Oceans Clean & Safe!' mural painted at Explorocean in Newport Beach, CA.
MY HERO was invited to be a partner in Laguna Art Museum's First Art & Nature Festival on November 10, 2013. The MY HERO Gallery conducted a RECYCLED SHOREBIRDS art project in conjunction with honoring the Birdmaker of Senegal, Mamadou Tall Diedhou and his recycled birds that are documented on the MY HERO website in a film by Cheik Seck. The table was brimming over all afternoon with enthusiastic children and their parents creating imaginative artful birds from recycled paper, wood, yarn, chopsticks, shells and other donated materials.
MY HERO staff and students working on the Recycled Shorebirds art project at the Art and Nature Festival in Laguna Beach, CA.
Student at Laguna Art Museum's Art and Nature Festival poses with his Recycled Shorebirds art work
Student at Laguna Art Museum's Art and Nature Festival poses with her Recycled Shorebirds art work
The Gallery also presented a workshop at the Laguna Beach Boys and Girls Club in conjunction with the Laguna Hero Fest. Children from the third to sixth grades selected a personal hero and then illustrated that hero using paint, colored pencils, collage materials, and photographs. These young artists and their artworks were celebrated at the Laguna Hero Fest at [seven-degrees].

Organizer created on 12/9/2013 8:11:49 AM by Daniel Chavez

Last edited 11/22/2019 2:30:21 AM by Anthony Pouw