My Hero Learning Circle - High School - May 2010

Teenage stories of heroism.

My Hero Learning Circles is an online global exchange that has My Hero partnered with iEARN.org. Teachers and students from around the world learn about each others cultures, communities, countries and of course, their heroes. The world is brought into each of their classrooms and their classrooms into the world. This particular High School circle had classes participating from Russia, USA, Ukraine, Iran, Morocco, Taiwan, Ghana, India and Kenya. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and discover heroes from around the world. Have a great summer. - Wendy

"This was my first experience in a learning circle and it was very rewarding. My students and I loved learning about other cultures around the world. We loved the opening of the learning circle and using the forums for students to have an opportunity to speak with other students in a more casual way. I was very excited to see my students completed work and for them to be able to access their work from any internet connection. I am grateful to everyone who helped make my experience with learning circles a positive one. I look forward to my future involvement in more learning circles." - Sonya

"We are Iranian. We live in Tehran , the capital city of Iran. My students are in grade eleven . This is an exciting project because it has given us a vast perspective toward different people from different parts of the world.Knowing that you can have more than one hero and learning from others is interesting . We loved doing this and sharing this much information from all over the world. Thank you My Hero." - Farnoush

The Hero: A Voyage From Past to Present - Discovering the evolution and meaning of the word. Students have had the opportunity to study heroes from Greek Mythology, English Myths such as King Arthur and The Knights of the Round Table, as well as modern day heroes. Students will now start their own quest to decide who fits their profile of a hero."- Jessica

"We are from Ukraine, from Sevastopol Gymnasium #24. Our students are 15/16 years old. They worked hard and did their best to create their stories. They have learned a lot about different countries and about great people. They have come to know that though people and countries are different we all have much in common. We thank the My Hero team for help and support." - Natalia

"Our contribution is first collected through a various web tools. Our aim was to facilitate the students tasks: we have used Ning, skype, Wiki and our emails to keep communicated. Also, we have met for several times to better deliver the message for everyone. The students have been actively involved." - Abdesalam

Organizer created on 6/7/2010 7:13:40 AM by Wendy Jewell

Last edited 7/18/2013 4:55:20 PM by Wendy Jewell