sound track of my escape

by kailani from Poway

"Ua kuhima ke kanaka i ke aloha" -it's natural to act in a loving way

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come.We have only today. Let us begin."

As the days go by things been on your mind you do this all the time, you tell me that you'll be fine. You say shut up I'm fine, I'm looking for some change but now, I'm looking for some closure You tell me that you'll be fine But I can read between the lines but some things won't ever change. They always say I'm there for you even though I know your not. Even though I care about your happiness, then mine. But I'm going to let you go tonight and it'll be alright.. Because people come and go and they shape me, who I am today I had a long day I just want to go out. I'm taking my notes,  I'm taking my time. You can read the poem line for line in my eyes. Running through my veins you step into my space you know how this goesno need for silly labels line for line in my eyes you can see the tears that i cry, don't worry about what they say they don't know nothing about you and ..Like rain drops on rooftops we fall in and out of the moment..sometimes we fall down but I just want to say I'm sorry for letting it get to this point. I guess I never saw it coming. A hopeless romantic at a dead end maybe I should move out of town away from everything that dragged me down  cause I like being independent not so much of an investment sometimes I just want someone to hold. Since I only have one life to live..I don't want you thinking that I really don't care and I know that your feeling like I'm being unfair but your love is with me everywhere when I dream I think of you when I breathe I think of you all day I think of you I live in each moment cause you'll never know what the next day will bring but I have music to help me get through. Tell me I'm not dreaming I'm not who I was before many things have happened and I just got stuck in the downpour people have come and gone and I know it won't be long till you"ll say bye bye  and I'll just sit here and cry head phones on fill my soul with music till the pain is all gone. As life moves on I need to stay strong and I say thanks to all my haters and all the mixed debaters. I take pictures to suppress the memories and invest to my miseries.

It wasn't suppose to be good day but  I put my beats on and pushed play in a matter of seconds all the clouds went away but no matter how high I reach I'll still be down to earth to preach about music and its fisique it saved my life when I took a knife. but if you only knew...what music will do...sitting all alone writing lyrics on her paper cause that's all she knew how to do never had a friend cause her friendships always end she never said a word but her lyrics if you only heard were loud and proud she would walk down the hall by herself going over lyrics cause she really didn't care if she's invisible cause she knows that one day she'll walk into a room where everybody will know her name but it's all just fame. She learned from miseries in the memories from her past but it was a guarantee that her music was just spoken and plain to see. music gave her a brand new start cause it all came from her heart. It opened her eyes and became her inspirations and lifted her expectations. cause she wants to be at the VMAs everyone will be amazed as she's taking off like a rocket going up. 

They say that I'm there for you even though they don't care for you; words are like vessels can be empty and hollow but when filled everyone would love to follow. I know sometimes i fight but i know in the end it will be alright. People come and go like the river flow. But the help shape me to me. but it's been a long day I'd rather go out and play. but if you'd rather fight then that's alright cause I'll be in the moonlight dancing to the music cause it's just so amusing.You can see the light bouncing from starlight to starbright. You can read the poem line for line in the eyes of the moonlight. While i gaze at the high of the sky, running through my veins you step into my space. I know how this goes but for you this is all just a show. Just like raindrops on rooftops falling in and out of love tears are turning to puddles. A hopeless romantic dead end i know I'm being unfair but at least i have my music everywhere

They say that I'm there for you even though they don't care for you words are like vessels; can be empty and hollow but when filled everyone would love to follow. I know sometimes i fight but i know in the end it will be alright. People come and go like the river flow. But the help shape me to me. but its been a long day I'd rather go out and play. but if you'd rather fight then that's alright cause ill be in the moonlight dancing to the music cause its just so amusing.You can see the light bouncing from moonlight to starlight. You can read the poem line for line in the eyes of the moonlight. while I gaze at the high of the sky. running through my veins you step into my space. I know how this goes but for you this is all just a show. Just like raindrops on rooftops falling in and out of love tears are turning to puddles. A hopeless romantic dead end i'm being unfair but my music is with me everywhere.

I'd rather push play than pause. Rewind to the moments that we had that once was. when i was doing this for fun not to hide from my loved ones. cause now im running from people that only care for me and has always been there for me. but the hour glass i take opened my eyes told me to forget all the rhymes cause im running out of time. To tell them how i feel to thank them for everything sporting me and showing me the light at the end of the tunnel. thank you for loving me i know its not that easy cause all i do is burn bridges but yet you're still here for me loving me and caring for me. the tears i cry you turned them in to tears of joy. the pain i feel you help me to turn them in to a master piece a wonderful work of art something i cant compose with out your help. thank you for putting up with  the stupid things i wish i didn't do but i do. thank you for being you 
i couldn't ask for anything else.

I've been awake for a few days now running on adderal and redbull. I just feel so pathetic. I'm scared of loosing those who I love so I hide behind the walls I put up. So I also hide behind the shield of my music cause its all that i can manipulate to camofloug me. to become who i want to be i must over come the overwhelming blind. I'm tired of these unspoken words i'm tired of trying to read between the lines music is a gift that you can not hide. it puts the truth into lies and makes you feel alive. unspoken communication  between the unbroken. music has its moments  music and lyrics are what keep me up and glowing spotlight a hot light shined upon those who are cried upon but just read between the lines and you'll solve all the crimes and mysteries behind the lies. i'm just putting this out there as you try to put out my fire but i'm just here to hire those who inspire my music and lyrics is my life line.

The MY HERO Project is so pleased to share this excerpt from the writings kailani from Poway. This poet has a gift for writing and we hope that she will continue to share stories of hope and inspiration with our audience of children from around the world.

Life is Like Music so Live It Loud

'o kan ka lau, e hauna i ola honua -Live your life while the sun still shines

Live life to the fullest and help those in need. An angel can be anyone, Just for me my angel is Music. Music has saved my life music is my guardian, music is me. Music can always be there it will never go away it always picks you up when you're feeling down and helps you get through tough times. That's why i made this page to show that music is my hero it helps many people. music saved my life and helped make me the person i am today. I have suffered (like many from depression and suicidal thoughts) music is my escape...