Penelope Leprevost

by Alwena Manrique from Cahors in France

A hero is an ordinary person who has willpower and courage for overcoming obstacles, and achieves goals thanks to hard work and great ability.

Pénélope Leprévost is a French rider, and she was born in 1980. She started horse riding at three years old. The next few years at ponies, she surpassed herself, overcame competitors, worked hard and trained every day. After few rankings in the big contests 5*, she came in the French team in 2008 only at the age of 28 years old, young for this sport. She finished second, with the French team in 2010 at the world championship. In spite of errors in the Olympic Games in 2012, she finished second in team in 2014 at the World Championship too. Two years later, she was the gold medal winner in the Olympic Games in 2016 in Rio with the French team.

For a lot of years, she is impressive by her regularity, and she continues to be a model, an icon and the young French riders identify with her.

That's why I admire her, she is an example for me.