Roald Dahl

by Ann The Thing from Mars

Hello! This is a report about Roald Dahl, the author of The BFG, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Matilda, and James and The Giant Peach.

Roald Dahl was born in England on September 13, 1916 as the second child in his family.He had three sisters but, unfortunely, the oldest died when he was only four. About two months later his father died.

I will skip some boring years.

When Roald Dahl was about 18 and was graduated from his last school, named Repton, Roald Dahl was hired by Shell Oil Company and was sent to Africa and was stuck there during World War II. He became an air force pilot for the RAF ( The Royal Air Force.)

After the war, Roald Dahl married Patricia Neal, the movie actress. They had four daughters and one son, but one of the girls, Olivia, died. Roald Dahl divorced Patricia in 1981, married Felicity Crosland in the same year and died in 1990. That was the of his life, but not his stories.

Quotes:

"Arguably, he never grew up. Much of his behavior seems like that of someone who had been forced into a premature but permanent, and rather unconvincing, show of adulthood." -Jeremy Treglown

Puffin Press: The Roald Dahl ID Card - A great website with tips for becoming an author yourself, a short life story and Roald Dahl's favorite smell:)
Roald Dahl Fans.com - Trivia quizzes, a biography, and pictures! What else could you ask for?!?
The Roald Dahl Chocolate Factory - A survey,a biography plus many other things