Rayne

by Hailey Lafrance from Cornwall, Ontario in Canada

My hero is my friend. I picked one of my best friends, Rayne, because she is such a great and amazing person. Rayne is 15 years old and lives in Cornwall, Ontario. Rayne is my hero because she's always giving good advice and she's always there to help me.

139053Raynefacebook 

Rayne is my hero because she is always there for me when I need someone to talk to or when I am going through something. I met Rayne when we were in 7th grade, and I am so thankful that I met her and have her in my life. She always knows when I am in a bad mood and always knows how to cheer me up, and it tends to works every time! Rayne is one of the best people you can trust for advice. She always knows the best things to say and how to help. I hope I never lose Rayne in my life because she means a lot to me and is such an important person!

Another reason why Rayne is my hero is because in 7th grade, I meet Rayne, and when I first started talking to her, I knew that she was a great person and that we were going to be really good friends. I trusted her with everything and knew that whatever secrets I had to tell, she would never tell anyone else. She also has taught me how to be confident and positive even when I am going through something, because she always told me to stay happy and to never worry about what people think and to always be your own person instead of being someone you're not. 

In conclusion, Rayne is my hero because she is always there for me and always will be no matter what. She is the most trustworthy person I have ever met. I am so happy to have her in my life and will forever be glad for her to be my best friend!

Interview With My Hero:

1) Who do you look up to the most, and what qualities do you love about that person?

Who I look up to the most would have to be my older sister Macey. The qualities that I love about her is she is very positive all the time, she never gives up and isn't afraid to live in the moment.

2) How do you like to be comforted when you're sad or upset?

I like to be comforted by my closest friends and family, reassuring me that everything will be okay, and also by food, mostly ice cream.

3) When have you felt the most proud?

I've felt the most proud when I passed math last semester because it was a struggle and a half.

4) Out of all your family members, who are you closest to?

The family member I’m closest to would be my little sister Abigail because we tell each other almost anything and she is like a permanent best friend.

5) Who inspired you to be the person you are today?

My mom inspired me because despite her working and taking care of us, she manages to take care of all the other needs and still be happy. It’s because of her why I want to work hard and succeed.

6) What has been your hardest goodbye in your life so far?

My hardest goodbye would be my friend Juon. We had only known each other for two weeks but we became super close friends like we had known each other for years, and once my vacation was over, I cried over him for three days straight.