Roxy

by Dana from La Crescenta

My Dog is My Hero
My Dog Roxy (original artwork by Dana)
My Dog Roxy (original artwork by Dana)

My hero is my dog, Roxy. She is very protective, playful, and she cheers me up when there is an upside-down smile on my face. She can bring the family together for a laugh when she does something funny, such as chasing her tail. When I come home from school, Roxy comes running towards me. She pins me down to the floor and gives me a slobber shower to say she missed me. She is a great pal who makes me very happy.

Roxy is protective (photo by Dana)
Roxy is protective (photo by Dana)

Roxy is very protective. When I am home alone, I get scared sometimes, hearing weird noises around the house. When Roxy is near, she takes away the fear. I know she will bark at any stranger that walks near my house. In fact, she will bark at anything she sees outside. When it is a stormy night, I sleep better when Roxy is there to cuddle up with me. Sometimes my dad likes to tickle me. When Roxy hears me laughing, she thinks I’m in pain and charges at my dad. When she bites him, the laughing curse is gone. Roxy makes me feel safe.

Playful Roxy (photo by Dana)
Playful Roxy (photo by Dana)

Roxy is incredibly playful. She is always bringing me her slobbery cotton-stuffed ball so I will play with her. When I am doing my homework, she comes up to me, begging to play. She is very hyper. She is always running around the house and jumping on the couches. When she gets a new toy, she has to go outside right away so she can play with it. She is always playing with something.

Roxy cheers me up (photo by Dana)
Roxy cheers me up (photo by Dana)

She cheers me up. When I’m sad, I hug Roxy and she cheers me up by licking me across the face. If I go outside on a lonely day and I see Roxy with her golden hair gleaming and her brown eyes glittering in the sun, I run over and hug her. Suddenly I’m not lonely anymore. Roxy can turn a frown into a smile.

Roxy when she was little (photo by Dana)

Roxy is a great friend. She protects me, plays with me, and cheers me up when I’m down. I love her company. She is a wonderful dog because she tries to make my life better. Roxy is a great hero.