Stephen Hawking

by Joyce Christman from Dublin

My Hero

By: Lucas Brand

A hero is someone who uses wisdom other than violence. Someone who perseveres. A hero is creative. A hero is giving. A hero is intelligent. A hero is someone like Stephen Hawking.

Stephen Hawking  was born on January 8, 1942 (1-8-1942). He died on March 14, 2018 (3-14-18). Stephen Hawking was born in Oxford, United Kingdom. He died at Cambridge, United Kingdom. His age of death was 76. He was completely paralyzed at age 21. He was a paralyzed theoretical physicist and  went to Oxford college. Stephen Hawking has 3 siblings: Mary Hawking, Edward Hawking, and Philippa Hawking. There is some information on Stephen Hawking.

Stephen Hawking persevered. When Stephen was paralyzed, it didn’t stop him from becoming extremely smart and going to an incredible college. He persevered his way through a 76 year life. Stephen Hawking was giving. He helped educate others, and gave them a learning experience. Stephen Hawking helped and inspired millions through perseverance and giving.

Stephen Hawking was very intelligent. He added to the world of science, discovered many things, and went to an amazing college. He was fearless. When Stephen Hawking was paralyzed, he didn’t let it bring him down. He didn’t care, he didn’t let it scare him or let kids make fun of him. Stephen Hawking showed no fear, and he was incredibly intelligent.

Stephen Hawking is my hero because he inspires me, and taught those in need. He didn’t let people get in his way of becoming smart, even though he was paralyzed. If I could ever be anywhere near as intelligent as him it would be a dream come true. Thank you for reading my final COG project.