Tino Martinez

by Matt from Holmdel

My hero is Tino Martinez. He is the first basemen for The New York Yankees. His full name is Constantino Martinez. He is a role model to me because he is a good first basemen and I wish I could be as good as him. Here is a chart of information about him.

Full name: Constantino Martinez Born: 12/07/67 Birthplace: Tampa,FL,USA Height: 6'2" Weight: 210 Position: 1B Bats: Left Throws: Right MLB Debut: 20-AUG-90

I think he is a very good baseball player. He went to The University is Tampa. He led the 1988 baseball team to the gold medal in the Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea. He was named the MVP of the World Amateur Championship with a .413 BA, with 4 homeruns, and 18 RBI.

Although I am an outfielder, I still wish I could be as good as him. I want to be able to hit like him and field like him. I think he plays very good and has good sportsmanship. He helps any of his teammates who need it.

By Matt Remuzzi 6-A